Learning is my lifelong passion. My motto has always been: “No experience is bad if you’ve learned something from it.” I bring that optimism and passion to my work. I seek to honor the life story of people and congregations and to learn from them as I accompany them on their faith journey.
Probably my biggest learning experience in life has revolved around family. I’ve been married for over forty years and we have two adult daughters. I love the fact that both my daughters are musicians and have so much to teach me.
Fun stuff: I’m an avid reader and now Kindle devotee. I also love photography and more recently when we moved to an area bordering on woods, birding. Photography and birding go hand-in-hand.
I also believe laughter is a necessary part of every journey.
"Sue is a gifted coach, and her coaching presence made a tremendous impact on my life and ministry. I treasure her supportive, clear style of engagement. She coaches in a way that nurtures a safe space for people to explore ideas and vision wisely for the future."
"Coach Rev. Sue Lang began her coaching leadership as a group coach facilitator with Journey of Renewal (a year-long wellness initiative to support church leaders to live well) working alongside church leaders as they chose an area of focus with the goal of growing into their best version of themselves. Sue brought her own experience as a leader, pastor, and coach She supported multiple cohorts as they journeyed for one year together. Sue demonstrated coaching skills, collaboration, accountability and support as she facilitated groups. Through coaching, church leaders grew in their self-awareness and were accompanied in the efforts to live well and lead well."
Deacon Tammy Devine, Devine Coaching
Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
As a professional coach, I believe it is essential that I too have a coach with whom I work to continue to monitor my ongoing growth and development. After my previous coach died, I decided that it was important for my new coach to be both professionally certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF) and a person of faith. I liked Sue’s bio on the ELCA coaching website and even though she did not have the same level of certification I did (I am a Professional Certified Coach which is higher than Sue’s Associate Certified Coach credential), I wanted to give it a try. I found Sue to be a solid coach, well capable of inviting me into a healthy and challenging exchange that I found both useful and enabling continued growth on my part.
Recognitions and Credentials:
- Credentialed as an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) through the International Coach Federation on February 8, 2018.
- Officially called through the Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America as a consultant since 2004-2020
- RevWriter Resources, LLC was recognized as an official Lifelong Learning Partner of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, 2009
- An ELCA Recognized Coach (2014)
Contact Sue to begin a conversation.
Professional and Academic Achievements:
- Graduated from Goucher College with a Bachelor of Arts in History and the Lutheran Theological Seminary in Gettysburg with a Master of Divinity degree
- Ordained pastor in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) since 1983
- Trained and served as an intentional interim pastor from 1997-2002, 2020-present.
- Author of church leadership materials and curricula including Our Community: Dealing with Conflict in Our Congregation (Augsburg Fortress, 2002)
- Founded RevWriter Resources, LLC, her consulting and coaching ministry, in 2002
- Conducted numerous church leadership seminars and retreats for congregations, judicatories, and ecumenical gatherings
- Called as a Synodical Consultant in Leadership and Congregational Support by the Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod, ELCA in 2004
- Certified to interpret and administer the Myers Briggs Type Inventory™ since 2004
- Served as a coach for the Portico Benefit Services (formerly known as the ELCA Board of Pensions) A Journey of Renewal program from 2009 – 2012
- Part-Time Event Planner for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod of the ELCA 2014-2019
- Serving as a coach for the Episcopal Church Foundation since 2016
- Published The RevWriter Resouce (ISSN 1545-939x) from November 2002 – December 2013
Areas of Expertise
- Leadership support and team building
- Retreat and seminar leader
- Crisis management
- Conflict transformation
- Mutual ministry seminar leader