Learning is my lifelong passion. My motto has always been: “No experience is bad if you’ve learned something from it.” I bring that optimism and passion to my work. I seek to honor the life story of people and congregations and to learn from them as I accompany them on their faith journey.
Probably my biggest learning experience in life has revolved around family. I’ve been married for over forty years and we have two adult daughters. I love the fact that both my daughters are musicians and have so much to teach me.
Fun stuff: I’m an avid reader and now Kindle devotee. I also love photography and more recently when we moved to an area bordering on woods, birding. Photography and birding go hand-in-hand.
I also believe laughter is a necessary part of every journey.
“Sue consistently demonstrates great ability as a congregational consultant and coach. She has a deep love for the congregations and leaders with whom she works. And she always works at creating an atmosphere in which the wisdom of the congregations, their leaders, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit are honored.”
Richard Bruesehoff, Outreach Coordinator, Portico Benefit Services (formerly known as the ELCA Board of Pensions)
“Energetic! Accomplished! Connected! Sue Lang brings great energy to the writing, consulting, and organizing work she does. Her ability to see the whole without losing track of the details–and to balance it all–makes her a valuable asset to any client.”
Rochelle Melander, author, editor, and writing coach
“She lights up processes and the people who engage in them, projecting a positive can-do spirit on even the most difficult project.”
Bob Sitze, congregational consultant and author
Recognitions and Credentials:
- Credentialed as an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) through the International Coach Federation on February 8, 2018.
- Officially called through the Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America as a consultant since 2004-2020
- RevWriter Resources, LLC was recognized as an official Lifelong Learning Partner of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, 2009
- An ELCA Recognized Coach (2014)
Contact Sue to begin a conversation.
Professional and Academic Achievements:
- Graduated from Goucher College with a Bachelor of Arts in History and the Lutheran Theological Seminary in Gettysburg with a Master of Divinity degree
- Ordained pastor in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) since 1983
- Trained and served as an intentional interim pastor from 1997-2002, 2020-present.
- Author of church leadership materials and curricula including Our Community: Dealing with Conflict in Our Congregation (Augsburg Fortress, 2002)
- Founded RevWriter Resources, LLC, her consulting and coaching ministry, in 2002
- Conducted numerous church leadership seminars and retreats for congregations, judicatories, and ecumenical gatherings
- Called as a Synodical Consultant in Leadership and Congregational Support by the Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod, ELCA in 2004
- Certified to interpret and administer the Myers Briggs Type Inventory™ since 2004
- Served as a coach for the Portico Benefit Services (formerly known as the ELCA Board of Pensions) A Journey of Renewal program from 2009 – 2012
- Part-Time Event Planner for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod of the ELCA 2014-2019
- Serving as a coach for the Episcopal Church Foundation since 2016
- Published The RevWriter Resouce (ISSN 1545-939x) from November 2002 – December 2013
Areas of Expertise
- Leadership support and team building
- Retreat and seminar leader
- Crisis management
- Conflict transformation
- Mutual ministry seminar leader